What to Do After a Fire
To address the rest of the fire damage to a property, you’ll want a team of highly trained specialists.
Below are things home and business owners can do after experiencing a fire in a property.
- Limit movement in the home to prevent soot particles from being embedded into upholstery and carpets.
- Keep your hands clean so as not to further soil upholstery, walls, and woodwork.
- Place clean towels or old linens on rugs, upholstery, and carpet traffic areas.
- If the electricity is off, empty your freezer and refrigerator and prop its doors open.
- Clean and protect chrome with light coating of petroleum jelly or oil.
- Wash houseplants on both sides of leaves.
- Change HVAC filter.
- Tape double layers of cheesecloth over air registers.
To address the rest of the fire damage to a property, you’ll want a team of highly trained specialists who have the necessary equipment that can get your property back to preloss condition. Call us today at 586-480-2400.