Prepare Your Home for Fall
Sweater weather is now in full swing. It is time for leaves changing colors, cider mills, and pumpkin spice everything! Decorating your home for fall is always fun, but have you prepared your home for it? Follow our checklist to make sure your home is ready to take on fall.
- Clean or replace your gutters – Not cleaning and draining your gutters can cause water damage inside and outside your home.
- Drain your outdoor faucets – Drain and disconnect all garden hoses to prevent water from freeing. Not doing this can cause pipes to burst, leading to water damage.
- Check for drafts – If you have drafts in your home, this only causes heating cost to rise. Consider weather-stripping to keep heating costs down.
- Change your batteries – It is always important to check all smoke detectors and carbon monoxide devices in your home.
- Have your furnace inspected – Hire an HVAC professional to test for leaks, change the filter, and check for heating efficiency.
- Check water drainage – Rainwater downspouts need to be clear of obstructions and direct water away from foundations, walkways, and driveways.
Take care of the little things that can make a huge difference for you and your home. By following this checklist, you could potentially avoid extensive damage to your home. As always, if you happen to have water damage, we are here to help 24/7.