Electrical Short in Residence
A DIY project went awry, and an electrical arc ignited some personal belongings stored in the attic. The firemen were forced to open the ceiling to extinguish the flames and to check for any hot embers. Our SERVPRO restoration technicians immediately got to work by removing all the charred and damaged debris. We extracted a small amount of water and then tackled the next hurdle - smoke and soot removal and deodorization. Luckily, the fire was a dry smoke fire with very little oily soot, and the wipe down of the walls and salvaged ceiling surfaces were easily cleaned. Since the house was vacated, the team set up a whole-house thermal fogging to eliminate lingering smoke odors and particulates.